About Me

My photo
This is an updated blog to add in some food and funny stories! Please read and make any comments you would like!

Thursday 7 April 2011

Fill Yall in on what I have learned so far

Moving to another country and living with a new family and doing things I have never done before can be difficult. There have been some major hurdles so far that I have jumped over and worked out just fine..

 1. Leaning German: There is a lot more to this little language then one would think. A.) nothing matches what you think it would be for example you see the word " Wichtig" a normal person would think this word is which. NO not even close it means "Important". SO this is where my struggle likes in trying to figure out what word is what. B.) every word has a article if it is  a masculine, feminine, plural, or neutral. So once you know the word, the article, then you must know how to congregate it properly and then they have tons of rules after you do. AHHH! But I have a tutor and lots of help so it should click here soon...lol i hope


2. Learning where I fit in the family. It is hard to throw yourself into a new family and learn all their rules and their routine. But once you do and get the hang of it everything else is easy. I feel good about where I fit in now, if only I had a hand book for teenagers lol

3. Learning to drive a stick shift car. the hard part about this is Learning how to drive a stick shift car!!!! No lessons self taught on the autobahn, zipping around town. I got it thou I am good!

Everything is going really well! Leave for Portugal soon I will update yall! 

Oh wait!!! I forgot to tell yall about my bike riding trip today. I went to the local market and bought a bottle of wine for my friend whose birthday is tomorrow. I was on my bike and realized I had no where to put the wine......I need both my hands to drive the bike, I have no basket (yet). So this bottle is going in A. My bra or B.) In my yoga pants...My cell phone and keys were already in my bra SO pants it is! I shove the bottle horizontal in my stretchy yoga pants and I sit on the bike and look down and it looks like something huge and horrible!! lol! I have no choice but start peddling and away I go down the busy streets of Dresden with a HUGE bottle of wine in my pants which looks like something else and I am crying I am laughing so hard cause it keeps moving every time I peddle lol. I made it home with the wine and my dignity...it was funny thou! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment