About Me

My photo
This is an updated blog to add in some food and funny stories! Please read and make any comments you would like!

Wednesday 11 May 2011

The 411 on European Bike Riding

This blog is dedicated to not the rules but why there are rules because the bells in my head just rang. Yesterday I decided I needed to go on a bike riding because taking care of kids all day deserves some alone time. So to prepare for my bike ride I got a pair of adorable Lulu Lemon shorts, a white v-neck and my tennis shoes. Had my ipod strapped to my arms my ghetto broken ear phones in and I was ready to go! I start off on the bike ride and im noticing little things hitting me and specks on my shirt but I was so into my music I didnt look. I am just peddling along singing my song, looking cute ( I think) and I start to pass a super crowded beer garden/ sand volleyball cafe and I notice I am peddling into a mass of nasty little bugs and then one spats on my chest and I scream, ear phones go flying, I am slapping my chest, bike is swerving my mouth is open from my screaming so bugs are flying to my mouth and I finally go off the path into the grass. The cafe is silent. I look like a total dumba$$! So I put my self back together this entails I fan out my shirt because those specks on it was not dirt it was mesquitos! I look in my sports bra about 10 bugs in there I freak out on and dump out, head phones back in, spit bugs out of my mouth and I was ready to go (AGAIN!). So the 411 is I now know why the bikes wear those crazy skin tight outfights, goofy clear goggles, helmets, and turtlenecks. The skin tight outfits are so no bugs get on your skin ( unlike me in my white white v neck and tiny shorts) Turtleneck shirts so no bugs fly into your sports bra and you are slapping your chest like a gorilla in front of a cafe. Goggles because they freaking fly into your eye and it hurts and you may cry. A helmet not only for safety but I noticed they put their chin to their chest when they are coming up to a mass of bugs and it gets from getting in their face and most important ( for me at least!) their hair! Bugs were all up in my hair yesterday so gross I showered for 30 minutes to get all of Dresden off me.

Today I am going to go bike riding with all the information I learned yesterday. I am going to wear long yoga pants, a normal t-shirt with insect repellent, sunglasses ( sun or not ) and a ball cap! I will be ready to go farther, longer, and I may not look cute but I am getting a good work out from it and my alone time!

Kids are good I thought them the game "Nose Goes" this is where when you are doing something and you dont want to for example playing soccer and you kick the ball out of bounds and you dont want to get it you put your finger on your nose and the last person with their finger on their nose has to go get it. So there has been lots of fingers on noses, and nothing being done. Once again close but no cigar kinder!

School is good had my German final exam for A2 and I got 50 points out of 60! Thats a 90 you guys! The only reason I didnt get 100 is my grammar is horrible! But its the same for English so lets not count your chickens before they hatch lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment