About Me

My photo
This is an updated blog to add in some food and funny stories! Please read and make any comments you would like!

Friday 23 March 2012

Lets Kick This Off Right

Woot Woooo I am backkkkk! So lets kick this party off right! Today at restaurant Grandmas it was your average hectic day, I had an appointment with two older gentlemen at 9:30AM they wanted to come "see the place" or they are just very old and very board to want to wake up at the crack of dawn and come look at a restaurant. I start to show them around and we stop on the patio and they spot a duck on the patio and their old minds got fixated on this duck and how he is going to get out of this basket she lives in on the patio. Well duh she flys? She's a duck, he wants me to call the ASPCA and ask them for advice. Here is how our conversation would go, "Hello ASPCA,"..Me:" Hi I have a question a duck lives on our patio in a basket and we are concerned with how she's going to get out of the basket any suggestions?"...ASPCA, "Welp lady, she's going to fly out of it she is a bird!"..Me, "Ohhh really OK I had NO idea..THANKS!" Problem solved! Old men are happy, and I look dumber than usual. So I booked the old men for a Senior Citizens party, sure sounds like a blast hope I am invited. Next on my list was just booking parties, then the owners left and three ladies ordered a Fuzzy Navel (so 1990's I know) and the waiters did not know how to make the drink so, they asked me (like I would know or something?) So I casually strut to the bar pull out some hard liquors throw in a dash of peach, lime juice, and wine then BAM you got your self a updated version of the fuzzy navel.  The ladies loved it! ( I would rather go to their party, someone who drinks at 11:30 am on a Friday is a friend of mine!) After everyone is happy I do the dip, time to finish my work day! Back to Grandmas on Monday and we got wine tastings so if my blog does not make sense please don't blame me.

As for my restaurant portion of his blog I would like to salute MR. WOK in Plano off 14th- http://mr-wok.com/

This place is a old KFC or something turned into yummy Chinese food. It has been voted as the best Chinese food in Plano from D magazine so we (as in Dust and I) had to give it a try. We started off with the seared edamame and you can ask for it spicy or not ( we got spicy!) This is hands down the best edamame we have ever had they sear it in hot oil and spice it up and it comes with a dipping sauce which just makes it that much better. For our entree if you go for lunch which we normally do you can get egg drop soup or a pork egg roll, fried rice and a choice of an entree for only..hold your breath you ready for this? Ok here it goes $5.95!!!!! Are you joking me?? I cant even get a smile at KFC for that price. The food comes out super quick and the waitress as we had yesterday might even want to take a seat and talk nails. "What is saaaalack??? It looks so good I mean I got my nails painted and look its like peeling ugh, stupid guy only put one coat on and I am like mannnn what are you doing I need two coats, extra??? what hell no so next time I go I ask for shhhhaaaalacckkk right??" You know casual girl talk at a KFC I mean Chinese restaurant. SOO sorry back to what we ordered we both got  the pork lo mein with fried rice and a egg roll and hell ya its freaking bomb, him and I hardly even spoke during out lunch because it was that good. So if you are looking for a new place for Chinese food and you may be on a budget try Mr. Wok you wont be disappointed and if you are ill owe ya $5.95!

No comments:

Post a Comment