About Me

My photo
This is an updated blog to add in some food and funny stories! Please read and make any comments you would like!

Monday 26 March 2012

Whats up guys!! Its Monday again and I am not buzzed (bummer!) They did the tasting yesterday so no wine makes me not fine ;o( Anyways at work today it was a boring Monday morning! Nothing much went on at work. But I have some stories about Mr. Lee he's dang funny and does not realize it. He is from the middle east and his English is not the clearest. He was showing me around the kitchen and showing me his amazing coffee and was telling me how fabulous his "French Toast" coffee was...I was like what kind of coffee is that, sounds delicious!! Then I read the package "French Roast"....ohhh ok I see where this is going. Next he wants to show me how Siri does not listen to him because she can not understand his accent. He says.."Lacy sit down watch Mrs. Siri no listen to me when I give order" So...I take a seat, if I had some wine and slippers on this would be some good entertainment. Here is there very intellectual conversation via Iphone, Mr. Lee to Siri,.."SIRI TAKE NOTE I WANT 3 BOTTLES OF CAKEBREAD DELIVER TOMORROW OK SIRI OK?????!!?!?"...lol....Siri,"Ok Mr. Lee I will give you directions to Dunkin Donuts off Preston road" .....Mr. Lee, "WHAT!!! I NO SAY THAT DAMMIT I SAY CAKEBREAD!!!!!"...Siri,"OK Mr. Lee I have looked up the most kick butt person in the world and Chuck Norris is it, would you like me to search the web for more information on Chuck Norris?"...Mr. Lee," WHO IS NORRIS CHUCK!?? I ORDER WINE NOT NINJA DAMMIT!"....By this point I am crying laughing so hard he slams down the phone and walks off rambling something about hating technology and whoever the heck Siri and Norris is. This happens often, he tells me to do stuff and I have no clue what he says but I make the best of what he says and turns out he wanted google directions to downtown and I gave him a directions to a hooka lounge in downtown, he looks at me so confused and I am like "What did you ask for!??! "...'OOGLE downtown car map!!"...oh oh ohhhhh I get it he wants me to print him a map of how to get to downtown!! I have gotten better with it but I still can't help but laugh hard and often!!

Now on the the good part! the Food!! I have a HUGE obsession with scallops right now and have been eating them almost daily! So I researched a restaurant with the BEST scallops and so we went. SUSHI SAKE in Richardson off Collins road is phenomenal! Here is the website..sushi-sake.com  I beg Dust to take me here at least 3-4 times a week. So of course I had to write a review about them! We have been quite a few times so I will lay it all out there. Sushi Sake gets SUPER busy around 7pm so the sooner you get there the better otherwise you will be waiting which is not so bad because they bring you a drink and it goes by pretty quickly. Whats pretty cool about this restaurant is the decor which is dark and authentic and, they have these large tables which are called community tables so you may end up sitting with a few other people and may strike up a conversation! We love to sit at the sushi bar because they are so freaking nice and funny! Plus our sushi comes quick. Now for what to order, we always start off with the scallop appetizer  which is tempura scallops, and mushrooms in a silky sexy sauce which will leave you licking the plate. Next you must try the homemade Goyza they are perfection in a bundle, also the edamame is nice and salty! For the sushi portion of the meal I go with the scallop volcano and its not like those other cheesy places where it looks like a freaking volcano exploding in mayo, this one is delicate with a tiny bit of mayo over super fresh California rolls, it really is perfect, every single bit yummm!!! Now Dust gets a handful of sushi he loves the normal tempura roll, rainbow roll, and best of all the spicy tuna. All three are very very good and very fresh. Personally this place bets Nobu, Blue fish, Steele. Also, they have great wine choices I go with the German Riesling because you cant go wrong with a German wine! My stomach is turning now I may be there tonight, join me if you dare!

No comments:

Post a Comment